|Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New|
Stats: 3,105,476 members, 7,663,118 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 November 2023 at 09:19 PM
Jaiye Kuti Becomes ‘HOPE By Kiki Okewale’ Fashion Brand Ambassador / Mr Eazi Lists His Achievements After Twitter User Called Him Gold Digger / Pretty lady highlights her achievements ahead of her 30th birthday. (2) (3) (4)
|Professionalism And Patriotism: Toun Okewale’s Achievements Speak Loudly by Klogo: 8:15am On Jun 05|
If there is anything that can assist President Bola Ahmed Tinubu to deliver on his campaign promises to over 250million Nigerians within a very short time, it is professionalism, competence and patriotism.
Where these three recipes are missing, the current administration may find it extremely difficult to meet up with the aspirations and yearnings of the people for a Renewed Hope.
It is high time the federal government go beyond party lines in the selection of heads of Ministries, Departments and Agencies (MDAs) in order to allow holistic transformation and efficient management of government resources to the benefit of the downtrodden to happen.
There is no doubt that the campaign for the inclusion of women in governance is still very much alive and among the few women that can drive the vision of the Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu-led government is Toun Okewale Sonaiya, a woman of valour, exceptionally brilliant, enterprising and full of innovations.
She is a major and consistent player not only in the media industry as a broadcaster and content creator, Toun is also a Human Right Advocate especially on Gender Equality. Indeed, her credentials are not only intimidating but also full of productivity and accomplishments.
A brief look at her profile will further inform Nigerians and the current administration on the appropriate tasks and responsibilities that await her in the quest for quality leadership, good governance and delivering the dividends of democracy to the Nigerian citizens.
The Chief Executive Officer and co-founder of Women Radio WFM 91.7 – Nigeria’s only Radio station for Women and their families and Africa’s 1st commercial radio station for Women and their families is a communicator and practising media expert with over 3 decades of active broadcast years in Nigeria and the United Kingdom.
Recognised as one of Nigeria’s 20 most powerful women in journalism. A 1990 Bachelor of Arts graduate, Toun’s core expertise is in Media Management, Training, Policy formulation & Strategic Planning. An advocate for more women in leadership positions, activist against Gender Based Violence and promoter of Girl education, Toun passionately engages men and boys on the importance of gender balance and equity. Toun moderated over 60 programmes on women, girls and crisis during COVID-19 lockdown.
Toun engages passionately in the wellbeing, development and advancement of the female gender spearheading several projects, programmes, workshops and training including supporting and working with Women in IDP Camps in Nigeria. Toun is a seasoned moderator, speaker & master of ceremonies.
KEY SKILLS AND EXPERTISE
✔ GENDER CONCEPTS & EQUALITY
✔ TRAINING AND DEVELOPMENT
✔ MEDIA ENGAGEMENT & MANAGEMENT
✔ PROGRAMME MANAGEMENT
✔ STAKEHOLDER PARTNERSHIPS
✔ MENTORING & LEADERSHIP
✔ STRATEGIC PLANNING
BOARD AND EXECUTIVE COMMITTEES
● Board Chair Centre for Women’s Health & Information
● Board Chair of Active Youth Advocacy Initiative
● Board member – Ives Medicare an HMO
● Trustee Transformative Leadership & Sustainable Initiative
● Trustee Voice of Women Empowerment Foundation
● Member of the high-level advisory committee (HILAC) on Women Economic Empowerment and Gender in Nigeria of FGN
● Trustee Maami (NGO empowering Disadvantaged Women & Girls)
● Member Review Code Panel Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission (NERC)
● Media lead and member of Technical Working Committee on reviewed Gender Equality Opportunity Bill (2016)
● Member of Africa Women Leaders Network in Nigeria
● Media Consultant for Centre for International Private Enterprise (CIPE) in Nigeria
● Partners Action Aid Nigeria and MacArthur Foundation to empower Women
● United Nations Ambassador for Women
● European Union influencer to end Violence Against Women and Girls in Nigeria
● Media & Communications Strategist for Nigeria Association of Chambers of Commerce, Industry, Mines and Agriculture (NACCIMA)
● Secretary “Issues of The Heart” a UK women group empowering women through training, mentoring, and counselling
● Co-Founder “Nigerian Women in Diaspora Leadership Forum” a UK women group on leadership
The Chief Executive Officer and Co-founder / Women Radio (WFM 91.7) Nigeria June 2015-date
● Established first of its kind Women Radio in Nigeria and Africa
● Leads a team of 30 employees to successfully create impactful presence of Women Radio brand from scratch to approximate of 15 million plus listenership
● Founded Women in Radio development (WINRAD), a membership of 246 women working in private and public radio broadcasting
● Established the first female academy (Women Radio Centre) that trains female journalist pro bono
● Lead officer for workshops, training and programmes to advance the development and empowerment of females
● Designed Women Radio Training Manual for training journalists on gender reporting
● Trains, mentors and mainstreams women and girls as drivers of gender equity, anti-corruption and accountability campaigns in Nigeria
● Trains, teaches and mentors on female pollical leadership
● Trains female politicians on using media to win elections
● Training political reporters on gender reporting with emphasis on reporting woman politicians positively
● Collaborated with Federal Ministry of Women Affairs & Almanah Hope to set up Nigeria’s Widows Database
● Designed programmes to promote the inclusion of women in public and private leadership positions, condemn violence against Women & Girls, advocate for more women in politics, enhance economic empowerment of Women and law reforms to advance gender equity.
● Designed and Lead officer for Voice of Women (VOW) annual conference & awards which has attracted decision and policy makers in government and corporate organisations that supports empowerment and development of women
● Lead officer on MuryarMata Initiative a radio programme that amplifies Voices of Northern Women
Senior Housing Officer / Housing for Women, United Kingdom June 2003 -2015
∙ Organisation lead on empowering trafficked women, ex-offenders and victims of domestic violence.
∙ Actively led on initiatives that add value and improve ways the team and organisation work. Review of policies and procedures to improve working system.
∙ Coordinated conflict/dispute resolution and mediation. Demonstrating best practice and taking ownership through to problem resolution, ensuring the customer is satisfied
∙ Developed internal and external relationships and positive partnership. Led negotiations with stakeholders and represented the organisation at housing management collaboration meeting on best practice.
Project Officer / London Borough of Ealing, United Kingdom March 2003 – June 2003
∙ Reviewed best practice nomination process and maximized allocation quota for Registered Social Landlords
∙ Developed and maintained good working relations. Negotiated improvements for partner landlord agreements. Monitored and tracked nomination system.
Project Officer / Peabody Trust, United Kingdom Feb 2000-March 2003
∙ Regeneration & Management of Projects and Programmes in Hackney and Islington boroughs
∙ Lead officer on all stock transfer lettings projects. Managed and assessed allocations of vacant properties.
∙ Produced records analysis and statistics as well as promotional and publicity materials on lettings, its policies and procedures.
Radio Presenter & Producer / Choice FM Radio Station, UK 1999- 2002
∙ Presenter/Producer of “African Beats” with live interviews of guests and artistes.
∙ Judge at Kora Awards, South Africa 2002
Director of Sales & Marketing / Africa Independent Television, Nigeria 1996-1998
∙ Coordinated marketing and sales strategy to generate and increase income revenue through advertising and sponsorship.
∙ Researched competition & identify potential markets. Developed pricing strategies to maximize profits and market share ensuring clients’ satisfaction.
Director of Programmes / Ray Power, Nigeria 1992-1996
∙Responsible for and led a team of over 30 staff for conception and selection of the station’s content, shaped the station’s demographic, identity, and core values. create content, produce and direct for Radio broadcast
Producer & Presenter / Ogun State Broadcasting Corporation (OGBC) 1980-1992
∙ Radio Presenter, Producer and News reader.
TRAINING & COURSES
∙ UNWomen Political Leadership & Candidate Training of Trainers Dakar, Senegal
∙ Mental Health Awareness Training NHS UK
∙ Mary Gober Customer Service Excellence Training, Mary Gober, UK
∙ HR Management for Non-HR Manager Nigeria
∙ Data Protection, Andrew Garbett, UK
∙ Building an effective Team
∙ Data Protection, Andrew Garbett, UK
∙ Diversity Training Solfed, UK
∙ Domestic Violence Awareness ACPC, UK
∙ Disability Equality, UK
∙ Strategic Leadership & Emotional Intelligence for leaders, Nigeria
∙ Dealing with aggressive behaviour & difficult situations Kensington HT UK
∙ Decision making for leaders, Nigeria
If Nigeria must progress and meet up with other developed nations of the world, we must celebrate competence and accomplishments that are attained by her citizens especially people that are doing things differently and flying the National Flag high beyond the shores of Nigeria, Toun Okewale Sonaiya is indeed one of the few Nigerian women that are doing the nation proud and should be sort after for national assignments.
Toun has been the single voice for many women but she never speaks about herself.
#Toun Okewale Sonaiya, Truly Nigerian, Proudly African.
|Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health |
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket
Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2023 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61